Your dog’s skin and digestive tract are two of its most sensitive organs and they can come into contact with many different substances. Many dogs suffer from allergies, which can occur at any time in their life, and owners can find themselves having to alter their dog’s feeding regime to exclude triggering foods permanently. Allergies occur when the immune system reacts to an otherwise harmless substance of animal or vegetable origin in its environment. Typical symptoms are itching and inflammation of the skin, as well as sickness and diarrhoea.
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet – Hypoallergenic is a dietetic complete wet food that has been especially designed to be used for dogs with food intolerances and food allergies as well as for the treatment of inflammatory and chronic bowel conditions. The recipe includes hydrolysed proteins to make it hypoallergenic. It also contains a B-vitamin complex and amino-acids to promote skin’s barrier effect, plus an antioxidant complex to help to neutralize free radicals. Recommended for (indications):
Bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Bacterial overgrowth (SIBO / dysbiosis)
Not recommended for (contraindications):
Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
Hydrolysed proteins: soya protein hydrolyzate comprises peptides of low molecular weight. Therefore, it is highly digestible and only slightly allergenic.
Skin barrier: A patented nutrient complex (of B-vitamins and amino-acids) supports the skin’s barrier function.
Antioxidant protection: A synergistic antioxidant complex helps to neutralize free radicals.
Fatty acids: Fatty acids can help improve the health of the skin and the digestive tract.
Royal Canin Hypoallergenic wet dog food contains hydrolysed soya proteins, from the same source as those used in the equivalent Royal Canin Veterinary Diet dry foods, which makes it suitable for mixed feeding. Duration of treatment:
If you suspect your dog has a food allergy or intolerance, you should alter its food intake immediately. Continue the special diet for the rest of your pet’s life.